Description of this instrument for sale
The Carrick is my mid-size model, roughly equivalent to an OM in size.
This instrument was completed in September 2020, and features my new style bridge and headstock designs, and a fully bolted neck join. It has African ebony back and sides paired with a Swiss "moon" spruce top.
This is a particularly full-sounding guitar, rich in harmonics and with plenty of sustain. Tonewoods from the ebony family are a particular favouite of mine, the hard, dense wood tends to combine rich trebles with a strong punchy bass.
The almost uniform black of the ebony back and sides is alleviated by the striped macassar ebony of fingerboard and bridge, and the use of koa in top purfling, endgraft and headstock inlay.
- Back and sides : African ebony
- Top : Swiss "moon" spruce
- Neck : Honduran mahogany
- Bindings : Rocklite ebano
- Bridge and fingerboard : Macassar ebony
- Decorative elements : koa
- Tuners : Gotoh 510 Cosmo Black
- Scalelength : 645mm, 14 frets to body
- Finish : polyurethane gloss
Price of this instrument