Mini Clip-On Microphones for Acoustic Stringed Instruments
If you want to convey the natural timbre of your instrument to your audience, our mics will do the job. All are hand-made in our workshop in North Carolina, USA. They provide a beautiful acoustic sound, much better than a pickup. All have very good gain-before-feedback and are reasonably priced. Mounting is temporary and inconspicuous.
We offer free tech support direct from the designer, and our website includes FAQ pages, reviews, audio samples, and articles on audio topics.
The mic designer is Bruce Bartlett, who worked as a microphone engineer at Crown International and Shure Brothers for over 30 years. A performing musician, Bruce also runs a recording studio and is the author of "Practical Recording Techniques 7th ed." and "Recording Music On Location 2nd ed."
Each mic is voiced for a specific instrument: bass, banjo, mandolin, fiddle, cello, and guitar.
- Felt-covered clip attaches mic to sound hole or f-hole in the Guitar Mics and Mandolin Mic
- Foam mount attaches mic to instrument in the Cello Mics, Bass Mic and Fiddle Mic
- Up to 12 dB more gain-before-feedback than a stand-mounted mic
- No heavy mic stands to carry
- Consistent sound from gig to gig
- Made in USA, 2-year warranty, 14-day money-back guarantee
- XLR connector plugs directly into to a sound system mixer or instrument amp with 12 to 48 volts phantom power. No preamp needed.
The Guitar Mic B is the same but with these differences:
- Battery powered. 9-volt battery box lies on the floor.
- 1/4" phone jack output on the battery box connects by a guitar cord to an active direct box, instrument amp, effects pedals or wireless transmitter.
Feel free to contact me using the contact form on this page. I will be happy to respond quickly to your needs and requests.
23 Highland Street, Weaverville, North Carolina 28787, United States